For purposes of this Document, “Buy Fuel Doctor” and “Bright Viper” (“us”, “we”, “our”, etc) shall include Bright Viper Pty Ltd and its divisions, subsidiaries, successors, parent companies, and their employees, partners, principals, agents, and representatives, and any third-party providers or sources of information or data.
Bright Viper is committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping that information safe. We strive to take all reasonable steps to fulfil this commitment and to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (“The Act”), the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”), including to:
- Manage your personal information openly and transparently;
- Collect personal information in accordance with this policy and to offer you the highest quality service and customer experience;
- Tell you how we may use your personal information;
- Respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing from us;
- Make sure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, up to date, and complete;
- Keep your personal information safe; and
- Where appropriate, allow you to access and correct your personal information.
Collecting Your Personal Information
Bright Viper does not collect personally identifying information about any individual at any of its websites, except when knowingly provided by the individual. This is done via voluntary submission and you always have the option not to provide the information we request. There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide the information, goods, or services that you request.
Depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you, we may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
- Personally identifying information including but not limited to your name, home address, date of birth, driver’s licence;
- Contact information including but not limited to your phone number/s, email address, mailing address;
- Identifying information about your business including but not limited to the registered business name, ABN/ACN, business address, type of business;
- Information that may assist us when you, or your business, are considering a finance or credit arrangement, including your credit history, credit card or bank details, purchase history, transaction details, loan and credit information; and
- Product or services preference information.
We may collect this information in varying ways:
- Directly from you in person or over the phone;
- When you interact with any Bright Viper website in any way including but not limited to placing an order; or
- From other third-party sources.
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information directly from the relevant individual to whom that information relates. You represent and warrant to us that where you provide personal or business information to us, you are authorised to provide the information to us, and the information provided is your personal or business information only.
Browser Level Information & Cookies
Bright Viper’s web servers automatically collect information about a site user’s IP address, browser type, and referrer. This information is provided by every user’s browser and is automatically logged by most websites. We collect this information in a database and it is used in an aggregated and anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our websites.
Any data we collect and/or store from cookies is used in a totally anonymous way and we do not correlate this information with personal data of any user. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. However, if you choose to disable the receipt of cookies from our website, you may not be able to use certain features.
Links to Other Websites
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information for various purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- Creating and maintaining a client account with us;
- Offering and providing products or services to you;
- Facilitating and processing your orders and payments;
- Facilitating your entry into any competitions run by us or through our website and third-party platforms;
- Responding to your queries or requests, managing customer complaints, or requesting feedback or reviews;
- Providing to third-party suppliers or deliverers of our goods or services as required;
- Providing to third-party banking, credit reporting, or fraud protection providers as required;
- Providing to any third-party service providers assisting us in providing and improving our services to you, including analysing sales trends, developing products and services, and marketing our products and services to you;
- Sending a regular newsletter about our products or services;
- Sending direct marketing information about an event, sponsorship, or special offer on our products or services or those of our third-party service providers;
- Creating targeted advertising campaigns on various platforms;
- Providing to third-party service providers for use in direct marketing information about an event, sponsorship, or special offer on their products or services;
- Preventing fraud or other criminal activities;
- Providing and/or assigning the personal information, content, agreements, and rights collected from you to a third party if Bright Viper merges, sells, or otherwise changes control of our business or this website;
- Assisting us to monitor and improve our products and services, and for administrative purposes, including but not limited to staff training, risk management, record keeping, debt collection, product and services development, planning and research; and
- Complying with our legal obligations and providing to regulatory bodies or law enforcement agents for legal and security purposes, or where necessary to prevent a threat to life or health.
Bright Viper appreciates any suggestions (or “unsolicited ideas”) you may have regarding any aspect of the business, our websites, or our products and services. If you communicate with us in any manner including but not limited to verbally, website contact form, or social media, your communications will not be regarded as confidential and will become the property of Bright Viper. You automatically grant an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide licence to Bright Viper Pty Ltd to use, copy, display, and distribute the content of your communication and to prepare derivative works of the content or incorporate the content into other works in order to publish and promote such content without restriction or any obligation to compensate you. This may include, but is not limited to, publishing testimonials on this website and developing your ideas and suggestions for improved products and services.
If we use your information for a purpose not listed above, it will either be for a purpose which is related to the original purpose you provided the information for or a purpose which you would expect.
There may be circumstances where disclosure of your personal information may be required to an overseas third party, for example, where we have a database or web server hosted outside Australia, where any of our third-party services are provided virtually, or where you are interacting with an application which is based overseas. Prior to us disclosing your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas third party complies with the APPs (or other equivalent legislation).
The countries we are most likely to send your personal information to include the United States of America, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and countries in the European Union.
While all reasonable care is taken to protect your personal information on our websites, unfortunately no data transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As such, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online, and especially information you send to us via email as there is no way to protect that information while in transit. Once we receive your personal information, we will endeavour to protect it as required by the APPs but cannot guarantee protection against circumstances outside our control.
Accessing Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that when we collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information from you, it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
It is incumbent on you to also take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold, use, and disclose it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
You can ensure this information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date by logging in to your account with us and checking the information yourself, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming your identity, and providing any updated details as soon as possible after any such update.
If we believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant, or misleading, or you request a correction to any of your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information. If your personal information has been previously disclosed to any third-party providers, then, upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to notify the third party of the corrections unless such notice is impracticable or unlawful.
You can also request to access any of your personal information that we hold by making a request via email at email@example.com and confirming your identity. There are some circumstances that may prevent us from providing such access, including but not limited to, where such access would pose a serious threat to the life, health, or safety of another person or where such access would unreasonably impact the privacy of another person.
Where possible, we will respond to any access and/or correction requests within a reasonable period of time after the request is made, and will take all reasonable steps to provide you with such access or to make such corrections. If we are unable to provide access to your personal information or to make any requested corrections for any reason, we will provide you with a written notice confirming the reason for this action. While we will not charge you for making an access request for your personal information, we may recover reasonable costs from you for supplying the access and/or personal information requested.
Making a Complaint
If you are concerned with the way your personal information has been handled, then you are entitled to make a complaint. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much detail as possible. We will do our best to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible and provide any reasonable remedy, where applicable.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may approach an external dispute resolution service or apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to have the complaint heard and determined.
All Documents listed on this website may be amended at any time. Wherever possible, we will take reasonable measures to inform you of updates or amendments, however for future use of this website and/or future orders, these Documents may be different and we recommend to read them carefully each time you perform an action that constitutes agreement of these Documents. Your continued use of this website following such amendment of these Documents will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the amended Documents.
Bright Viper Pty Ltd
PO Box 787, Mount Ommaney, QLD, 4074.
+61 491 626 016